Monday, November 23, 2009

How To Possess The Overcoming Courage of The Lion



Possess - to have as an attribute, knowldge or skill.

I am writing this in response to a dear friend I met on twitter who has a son with visual spatial thinking style. She asked if I could give some quotes on overcoming challenges, so this is for her and anyone else who needs encouragement to overcome a challenge.

Have ever seen a lion timidly go after its prey? Once the chase is on, the lion has full courage, complete control over the situation, determination, skill, knowledge and desire. Even if it doesn't catch its target- it knows that tomorrow is another day and the chase will be on again with the same courage and determination. When the lion is on the chase, the only who is afraid is the one being chased. Stop being chased by your fears, turn it around, and start chasing your fears, challenges, dreams, goals, etc. with the knowledge and courage and sound mind God has given you.


Do you really know and believe How Great, Almighty, and All Powerful God Is? If you do then start living VICTORIOUSLY! If you don't, then get to know and believe this about God so you can be an OVERCOMING LION!!!

Robert Schuler said, “Most people who succeed in the face of seemingly impossible conditions are people who simply don’t know how to quit.”

The Lion of Judah - He is the Great I Am!

So then meeting a challenge is really about courage, and courage is about faith, and faith is about courage, which is about meeting the challenges of life head on and having no fear or doubts that whatever the outcome, God has it all in control. So Rejoice!

“For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and a sound mind.” ~II Timothy 1:7

Fear just means that one has a lack of confidence. So to overcome a challenge, if you can just get your confidence up, you will have the courage and the strength to overcome every challenge.

So How Can We Increase Our Confidence?

To increase confidence you have to increase your knowledge and understanding. If you have a deep and profound knowledge, understanding and relationship with God and his Word (the Bible), then you should have great faith, faith to move mountain and overcome challenges.

Definition of “COURAGE” ~ ability to conquer fear or despair: bravery, valor, and fearlessness, guts, heart, and nerve, stoutness, lionhearted, gallant, undaunted & valiant.

Definition of “CHALLENGE (Challenged)” ~ A stimulating or interesting task or problem; a summons to a duel; presented with difficulties.

Take a close look at the above definitions of the two words “courage” and “challenge”

Now let’s turn around a challenge into an opportunity. Here is how we will do it. First we will take some words from the definition of courage and then combine them with some words from the definition of challenge and come up with a POWER PHRASE of FAITH!

I have lionhearted ability to conquer every difficulty that comes my way.

With my heart and gallant ability I conquer every duel life throws at me.

I see a problem coming my way and I meet it head on with fearlessness and undaunted faith to overcome it quickly.

How I Build Courage and Faith in my Life is by doing the following activities:

First I get courage and faith from the Bible. In its pages that, “all things are possible” and “you are more than a conqueror” and “you can do all things through Christ” and “you can mount on wings as eagles and soar”

And the next most important way I build and keep a courageous attitude is by surrounding myself with other people who are courageous and successful and over comers. They are my pastors, mentors, mastermind teams, family and friends. They are people like you who I meet on the various social media sites.

Then I also get courage from reading stories of others who have overcome great challenges like, “Helen Keller” and “Sojourner Truth” and “Abraham Lincoln” and common folk from every walk of life. I like to read biographies of over comers such as these.

My faith and courage increases each time I attend church and hear a sermon and fellowship my church family.

And then I read only empowering and encouraging books. I listen to only empowering, encouraging and inspirational music and programs. I watch almost no television at all and when I do watch an occasional movie or show, it too has to be empowering, encouraging and, or inspirational.

You have keep negative music, programs, shows, movies and people at a great distance. Because what you put before your eyes, what you allow your ears to hear, the type of places you visit, all influence your COURAGE METER.

If your COURAGE METER on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being lowest and 10 being highest) is on the lower end then you have to start putting in More Encouraging tidbits into your life and start removing discouraging influencers from your life.

Examine your environment, CDs, DVDs, TV Programs, Newspapers, Magazines, Books, etc. and if the majority of them do not uplift and have a positive or motivational or inspiration message, then out they go as quickly as you can get to a trash can.

This excerpt by John Bailey from his book, A Diary of Private Prayers sums it up pretty well.

Teach me, O God, so to use all the circumstances of my life today that they may bring forth in me the fruits of holiness rather than the fruits of sin.


Let me use disappointment as material for patience.


Let me use success as material for thankfulness.


Let me use suspense as material for perseverance.


Let me use danger as material for courage.


Let me use reproach as material for longsuffering.


Let me use praise as material for humility.


Let me use pleasures as material for temperance.


Let me use pains as material for endurance.

End quote.

My parting words of encouragement are to…

Keep Smiling…

Thomas Edison said, “If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.”

Keep Going Forward…

Martin Luther King said, “If you can’t fly, run. If you can’t run, walk. If you can’t walk, crawl. But by all means keep moving.”

Keep Using Your Challenges as Stepping Stones to Victory…

Bernice Winter said, “If you’re lying in a hospital be looking at the monitor that is recording your vital signs, you want to see peaks and valleys, not a flat line. Get excited about those curves that life throws you – those peaks and valleys. It means you’re alive and still in the game.” (from page 326 of Cash In A Flash by Mark Victor Hansen & Robert G. Allen)

Keep Looking To The Hills To Where Our Strength Comes From…

Exalting His Name…

We Have Overcome! Halellujah, Hallelujah!



Copyright 2009 Anita Crawford Clark   All Rights Reserved Worldwide

No comments:

Post a Comment